Heaven on Earth Cake
1 box angel food cake or 1 prepared angel food
1 package (3.4 ounces) instant vanilla
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup sour cream
1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
1 tub (8 ounces) whipped topping
1 tablespoon almond slivers, toasted
1. Bake angel food cake according to package’s directions. Allow to
cool and cut into cubes.
2. In a bowl, combine pudding mix, milk, and sour cream
and beat until smooth. Set aside.
3. In a 9×13 baking
dish, arrange 1/2 of cake cubes in a layer.
4. Spoon 2/3 of cherry pie filling over cake.
5. Place the remaining 1/2 of the cake on top of pie filling.
6. Spoon pudding over cake and spread evenly.
7. Spoon and spread whipped topping over pudding
8. Garnish cake with the remaining pie filling and
toasted almonds. Chill for about 4 to 5 hours.